Monday, November 16, 2009

Tips from Tuscany



I was so lucky to have the opportunity to take a wonderful cooking class, Tastes of Tuscany while on my trip. Knowing that my kosher restrictions might post a problem, I spoke to the school beforehand, and they agree to put together a vegetarian cooking class for me.
I learned some interesting things--spinach ravioli in Italy is much heavier on the spinach and lighter on the cheese than what we serve here. We made so many wonderful dishes: gnocci with pesto, spinach-ricotta ravioli with sage butter, toasted bread with sauteed kale with parmesan on top, poached pears in red wine and cinnamon with vanilla creme and potato flan with parmesan and truffle butter. The food was so rich and delicious that nobody even missed the meat!

No comments:

Post a Comment