POTATO KUGEL P Yield: 18 individual kugels
Pop one of these on each dinner plate or arrange them on a platter and you have an easy way to serve a crowd!
Prep time: 15 min. Baking time: 20 min.
1 large onion
3 pounds white potatoes
1/3 cup cornstarch (potato flour)
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ cup corn oil
non-dairy cooking spray
Electric food processor
Large mixing bowl
Muffin pans (non-stick is best)
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Peel onion and potatoes. Cut onion and potatoes into quarters.
- Attach steel knife to processor and pulse onion until minced. Add minced onion to eggs. Add quartered potatoes in small batches to processor. Pulse potatoes until they are minced. Add to eggs and onions. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients to potatoes and mix well.
- Preheat oven to: 350 F.
- Spray muffin pan. Pour ½ cup potato mixture into each muffin holder. Bake on lowest shelf of oven for 15 minutes. Place muffin tins on cooling rack for 10 minutes. Run a narrow spatula around the outside of each kugel; and then carefully invert muffin pan on cooling rack. Potato kugels will drop out. Serve immediately or let them cool completely before wrapping and freezing. Be sure to place waxed paper between layers if you’re not freezing them in a single layer. Defrost before reheating.