Thursday, November 19, 2009

Don't forget to order your Thanksgiving turkey!




Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because the whole event centers around food and family. Unlike all of the specifically Jewish holidays which I prepare for throughout the year, Thanksgiving has no set observance--it's all of the festivities of a yom tov without any of the Jewish requirements.
It looks like we will be serving 25 people on the day of Thanksgiving and another 15 or so on the Friday night after, so I have have my work cut out for me. Though side-dishes and desserts will abound (and you could basically make a whole meal out of just the 'fixings'), my guests all come expecting to feast on lots and lots of turkey--before I went on my trip, I ordered two birds (an 18 lb and a 20 lb) and a whole bunch of extra legs for all of the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment