Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I am an Accommodating Hostess (Within Reason!)

I found myself nodding my head vigorously as I read Andre Knowlton's BA Foodist column in Bon Appetit this week. I am a big believer in adapting my menu to suit the needs of everyone at my table. At any given time, I have had to plan for allergies, vegetarians and lactose intolerance--as long as my guests let me know ahead of time, I am happy to (and even enjoy the challenge of) making sure that everyone has something to eat. I don't, however, feel that I am required to adapt my meal to every fad diet that walks in my door.

A heads up--if you're invited to dinner at my house while you're on some sort of master cleanse, you may have to make due with ice water and scintillating conversation or a rain check ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment